Masterchef Peter Vickery
2 baby Cos Salad or iceberg lettuce
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
250gm minced pork
4 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water to rehydrate, then remove stems and finely chop the muchroom cup
1 cup water chesnuts, finely chopped
1 cup bamboo shoots, finely chopped
3 spring onions, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp water
- Separate the leaves from the lettuce into individual cups
- Heat a wok or nonstick pan, add oil and heat until almost smoking, add the minced pork and stir fry briskly for 2 minutes
- Now add the shitake mushrooms, water chesnuts, bamboo shoots and spring onions, stir fry for another minute until well combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, rice wine, soy sauce and oyster sausace, mix well.
- Combine the corn flour with the water and stir into the mixture, heat until the sausace thickens, remove from heat.
- Arrange the lettuce cups on a platter, place a small scoop of the pork mixture in each leaf, each guest then rolls up the leaf and eats with their fingers.