Masterchef Peter Vickery
4 Alexander Downs Pork cutlets
4 carrots grated
1/2 red cabbage, finely shredded
4 sticks celary, finely sliced
1 bunch seedless grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup whole Egg mayonaise
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup minced ginger
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well, add pork cutlets and leave for at least 30 minutes
- To make dressing, combine mayonaise, lemon juice and a generous amount of black pepper in a small bowl and mix well
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing and toss to coat, set asude, the cabbage will wilt and soften.
- Heat a BBQ grill for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and cook pork cutlets for 15 minutes, turning regularly and basting with the marinade, try to avoid flare ups, you want to glaze the meat. Remove from grill and rest.
- Serve cutlets with a pile of slaw on the side.